Wednesday 20 March 2013

My perfect little girl!




My Little Miss S now gives me a proper kiss when I say "kiss kiss". She know how to do 'round and round the garden', she loves 'head, shoulders, knees and toes', she brings me her sticker book when asked, she points to her shoes when I say "mano batai buvo du" (I had two shoes - in Lithuanian), she points at things if she wants something, she says "daddy, dog, mama", "niam niam" - when she sees food (a Lithuanian expression) and "nite nite" when she goes to bed. She loves doing 'shake shake wiggle wiggle'. She is My clever little girl. Daddy thinks she is an absolute genius. He just cannot believe how much she knows. Daddy hasn't got clue about 'development milestones', he doesn't see other toddlers at her play group. All he sees is his healthy happy child and that's all that matters. I took a leaf out of his book and started doing the same, because although your conscious mind knows that every child is different, your 'stupid' mind cannot help but compare sometimes. She is nearly 18 months or 16 and a bit corrected (she was born early). It used to be rather frustrating before she started crawling and walking, because she would 'reach her milestones' (hate this expression, it's like reaching targets at work!!) slightly later than other children of her actual age. "Oh, how old is she?", "14 months", "Oh, not walking yet?", "No, and now fuck off". Well, I wouldn't actually say that (although sometimes I would like to). I would just say "no" and leave it at that. Sometimes you just don't want to go through the whole 'she was born early' palaver. Sometimes you don't feel the need to share it with everyone (contradictory then that I write about it here, but I see this as my space). Actually, I stopped seeing my child as a premature child long time ago, if ever. Actually, I'm not a fan of word 'premature'! It is like labelling someone. I'm not a fan of word 'normal' either, because what the hell is that supposed to mean? She is just my child. My perfect girl.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. So true. And what a cute outfit! She will be a stunner, darling. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a parent of an early baby I can very much relate to this. Very true! Well said. Ps she is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete