Tuesday 2 April 2013

Bon Voyage





Nothing revitalises me more than travelling. Even if it is just a short trip abroad. If you haven't been away during Easter and feel immense urge to get away for a couple of days then I might know just the right place. Massage followed by the most gorgeous wine from the local vineyards and delicious French cuisine? Sounds like my kind of gateway.


Is it wine o'clock yet?

I first came across La Source Des Fees a few years ago when Hubby and I were travelling to South of France. We were driving and I booked this place as a stopover for the night. It is situated in Southern Burgundy so around half-way to Cote d'Azur. After spending a day and a night there, I forgot all about the delights of Cannes and St Tropez, and just wanted to stay there forever. This is such an idyllic place and, more importantly, surrounded by vineyards!

The owners, Thierry and Philippe painstakingly renovated their 16th century guest house. It is everything you would expect from the rural French interior. And more! Simple, rustic, charming. Basically, French.

Owners are very welcoming. After unpacking, you are invited to choose a bottle (or two) from their wine cellar, which you then sip in a pretty courtyard overlooking ... the vineyards of course! This is where I discovered Pouilly-Fuisse and it has been my favourite tipple ever since. Afterwards they can book you a table at one of many local restaurants, depending on your gourmet preferences. I wanted to go to all of them, but as this is pretty much the epicentre of gastronomy, the choice is just too big. And that's just one of the many reasons why we will be coming back again!


Breakfast time!



View from our bedroom
 
One of many many many restaurants

What is more, this place is child friendly and dog friendly. You never know, Escargots a la Bourguignonne might become your toddler's new favourite dish!

1 comment: